In this increasingly visual age, images speak louder than words. Studies show that images also help people think. Visual note-taking such as doodling increases memory retention rates by nearly 30 percent, and opens creative pathways, strengthens focus, and inspires self-expression. Driven by these groundbreaking findings, entrepreneurs Nora Herting and Heather Willems founded ImageThink, a graphic facilitation firm that has helped an elite roster of clients—from Google to Pepsi to NASA—visualize their ideas and transform their creative processes using simple drawing techniques that anyone can master. Draw Your Big Idea presents their sought-after guidance and more than 150 drawing exercises tailored to brainstorming, refining, and executing ideas in the home, design studio, and office. With this workbook, readers will learn to beat creative block—for good!
The Draw Your Big Idea Preorder Offer
OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Draw Your Big Idea Preorder Offer is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia. Void where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees of Chronicle Books LLC (“Chronicle”) and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies; and (b) members of the immediate family of person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. People who redeem the offer agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Chronicle, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this offer.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Between 5/20/2016 12:00pm PST and 6/20/2016 11:59am PST (“Offer Period”) you can enter the offer by visiting http://budurl.com/drawyourbigidea and following the instructions there. Entries using macro, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. All entries must be submitted during the Offer Period, regardless of method of entry. Chronicle is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, or misdirected entries or entries not received for any reason. All entries become property of Chronicle and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry.
3. OFFER AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: For the first 150 people who provide proof of their preorder purchase of Draw Your Big Idea and all requested contact information, Chronicle Books will send them: (“Offer”) 1 limited-edition sticker set. Approximate retail value $0. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
4. ALL OFFER CONDITIONS: Specifics of Offer will be determined by Chronicle in its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of the Offer will be permitted. Offer cannot be transferred by the recipient or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Offer. The offer is only valid to the first 150 people who provide proof of a preorder purchase and full contact info--and no additional compensation will be awarded after supplies run out. Chronicle has no responsibility for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the Offer due to reasons beyond Chronicle’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. The Offer is awarded without warranty of any kind from Chronicle, express or implied, without limitation.
5.CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION (a) Eligibility By participating in this Giveaway, all entrants represent and warrant that they are eligible to receive the offer. (b) Release By participating in this Offer all entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Chronicle from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Offer (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize. (c) Entry Errors/Internet Chronicle is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Chronicle is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Chronicle or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Chronicle which corruptor affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Chronicle reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Chronicle reserves the right select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Without limiting the foregoing, Chronicle may reject any entrant, if in Chronicle’s sole judgment, the entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS OFFER MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND CHRONICLE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the Offer will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned. Chronicle is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Offer or in the announcement of the prize. (d) Failure to comply with any requirement listed herein, as determined in Chronicle’s sole judgment, may result in forfeiture of the Offer and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Chronicle in connection with the Offer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in County of San Francisco, California.
7. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect
8. LIST OF RECIPIENTS: A copy of the list of recipients may be obtained by sending a written request to: The Draw Your Big Idea Preorder Offer /Chronicle Books, 680 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107 postmarked by 6/20/2016 and received by 6/25/2016.